Monday, August 15, 2011

Psalm 30:5

     I am learning many things through this new experience called bereavement. I could never imagine or fathom the depth and magnitude of the pain one experiences when their spouse passes on to their heavenly reward. Words cannot describe it. Only those who’ve experienced it truly understand. When you are married, you become one flesh and now part of you is gone. 

     I lost part of me three months ago when my husband passed away suddenly, unexpectedly from a heart attack. For the first several weeks I was in shock. I wasn't prepared. I wasn't expecting this to happen. It didn't seem real. Then I was thrown into the frenzy of trying to prepare for a funeral, make arrangements for weary family traveling to be here, along with still trying to care for our children and comfort them as they grieve. I am so grateful to be part of such an awesome church body....there were so many from all over who rallied to assist us. To each and every one of you we say a heartfelt "Thank You!"

     I've titled this blog "From Mourning to Morning" because God has given a promise:

Psalm 30:5
….weeping (Mourning) may endure for a night
(just for a while…it won’t last forever)
but joy cometh in the Morning (a new day is coming;
God will restore hope and joy to our aching hearts in due time).

No comments:

Post a Comment