Monday, May 7, 2012

GRADUATION DAY 2012

Lately, my mind keeps flashing back to memories of what I was doing "a year ago on this day...."

     My oldest daughter's graduation was Sunday - a day of joy and celebration - yet at the same time, there was pain and sorrow because her father was not here to help celebrate and cheer her on as she walked her graduation walk.  My mind kept thinking back remembering how on this day last year we were holding a funeral and laying my precious husband to rest.  I tried to push that memory out of my mind as much as I could (though it was never completely gone) so that I could focus on the joy and triumph of today.  So proud of who she has become and the knowledge that God has greater things for her life ahead!

     I wasn't sure my children (although teenagers) realized the connection between today and a year ago until my middle daughter asked, "Mom, do you realize it's been a year?"  Yes, my sweet girl, I can't help but realize it's been a year.  There were tears in both of our eyes and pain in our voices as we talked.  I noticed my son also had tears in his eyes so after we were finished with our heart to heart, I went to have one with my little boy who's now growing up into a young man.  I didn't get very far in talking with him...you know how these young men like to act like 'tough guys.'  I wish I could take their pain away and make everything better as I used to be able to do when they were little.  Unfortunately, I can't so I do the only thing I know to do....do what I can to let them know I love them and pray diligently for each of them.  I can't heal their hurting hearts but God can!

No comments:

Post a Comment