Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

Father's Day, as with all holidays, is a day of mixed emotions.  While I'm thankful my dad is still living, it hurts that my children no longer have theirs. I spent the day celebrating my dad across the miles and mourning the father of my children. 

After calling my dad and wishing him a Happy Father's Day, I stopped by the grave of my late husband.  This is our 4th Father's Day without him and it's still painful.  Tears would not stop falling as I knelt beside his headstone, lovingly caressing his picture.  I miss him!  His children miss him!  

I know he's having a grand celebration up in Heaven, but we have a huge empty place in our hearts because he's not here for us to celebrate with.  I read something recently that is so true, "They say time heals all wounds.  It's not time that heals, but God."  Healing is coming but slowly....for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment