Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Lost Roll of Film

I recently found a roll of undeveloped film which had to have been taken before my husband passed.  So, I turned it in to be developed, anxiously awaiting its return, and wondering what treasures I was going to find.  Wonder turned to despair as I glanced through the pictures and found not one of them turned out.  It was almost more than my heart could handle.  Thankfully, the nice gentleman working the photo labs did not charge me.  I wanted to cry but took a deep breath instead and walked away.  That one little upset has thrown me into a state of despair all afternoon.  It may seem trivial to someone who has not lost at such a deep level, but, to me, it was a major upset.  It would have been better not to have ever found that roll of film.  That despair has led me into deeper despair as I've wondered and questioned where my life, my ministry, my future is headed.  As I pondered these things in my heart, I suddenly realized the song, "Hold On To the Promises" was playing over and over in the background of my mind until it became loud enough for me to hear, reminding me God WILL keep His Promises!  Sometimes, it just takes longer than we anticipate or would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment