Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things I’m learning as I journey down the road called Grief….

Many people will try to comfort you. Some will use wisdom while others will try in their own feeble way.

Some will bless you and say just the right thing at the right time, and to those we are ever so grateful.

Others do not know what to say or do and will admit it…that is understandable. Then there are those who rather than leaving it at “I don’t know what to say” feel they must say or do something even if it’s the wrong thing….to those we must be understanding and forgiving. They mean well and so we thank them.

Others will be totally insensitive and say things that are inappropriate for the moment (or ever). With some it will be intentional while others it is said out of ignorance.  Although people can say the most insensitive things, the one thing I’ve found to be true is that hurting people hurt others. When truth is revealed that person who said or did whatever is really hurting inside, too. So, my part is to love them, pray for them, and not retaliate…not easy when they’ve just poured what feels like acid on your gaping wound, but with God’s help I can let the love of Christ be manifest through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment