Monday, May 14, 2012

MOTHER'S DAY

    For many, Mother's Day is a day of celebration full of laughter and family get-togethers.  For others, it's a day of painful reminders and an empty place in the heart.  Some are missing a parent, others are missing their spouse, while the arms of others are aching to hold their child one last time.  I know of many...too many!  Whatever the loss, my heart and prayers go out for all who are grieving.

     Throughout the day, I found my mind meandering back down Memory Lane, perusing the streets of yesterday. Last year, Mother's Day fell two days after my husband's funeral taking all joy out of any celebration.  I remember feeling like I was walking in a nightmarish hazy fog.  It still seems so recent and yet so long ago....so many painful memories opening afresh the wounds in my mind. 

     I pushed aside the pain of yesterday to focus on the blessings of today.  My children surprised me with a card, balloons, and my favorite candy bars for Mother's Day.  My eyes welled with tears as they proudly presented their gifts.  This was their first year shopping without anyone else assisting or reminding them.  I know it all came from their hearts making their gifts extra special to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment