Friday, June 1, 2012

LEARNING I CAN

Hurray!  I finally figured out how to remove the bathroom sink's plug so I could remove whatever was clogging the drain.
     Kinda wish now I hadn't....the stuff that was down in there...Ugh!
          But it had to be done....
               was cheaper than calling a plumber...
                    and better than pestering friends (again) for what was a simple fix.

(I'll save your stomach and not post a picture of what the plug looked like when I pulled it out.)

     After looking under the sink for the 10th time, I figured out I just needed to unscrew the lever from the back of the drain under the sink to remove it from the plug valve thingy (yeah, I know....not the correct terminology) allowing me to lift it up and out of the drain.   Now I know how to fix it in case it ever happens again.  


My husband was a carpenter and handyman.
He could fix anything and everything.  
He was so talented! 
Every time something needs fixed around the house, 
it reminds me he's no longer here.
I miss him so much!


Because he's not here, I'm learning how to do some of the maintenance myself....
  • The other day, I finished the grout work my wonderful husband was not able to complete.
  • I also re-painted the stucco which had been started but never finished.
  • I've learned how to cut angles for trim and baseboard.
  • And I've learned how to caulk...perhaps not perfect but it's done.
  • I've installed towel rings and toilet paper holders
  • And put together bookshelves and storage cubes

I realized I had learned a lot more from him than what I thought I had.

While it is nice to know I can do these things, my heart aches longingly for him each time I have to undertake one of these projects.....alone....without him.





No comments:

Post a Comment