Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Purse, The Thief, and Walmart

     What a crazy night!  I just saved my daughter's purse from being stolen at Walmart. A lady walked up and stood right beside her cart where her purse was...the whole aisle was empty but she chose to stand right there so I kept an eye on her. My daughter noticed the lady was close behind her so she moved her cart forward a little then turned back to look at the candy.  I noticed the lady moved forward and stood in front of her purse again eying it. Next thing I see is her picking it up and shoving it under the stuff in her hand.

     I immediately stood in front of her and demanded she give it back.  She tried to say it was hers but I was mad and started hollering for security (Mama Bear came out in me) so she quickly handed it back then walked away saying I was crazy and she didn't know what I was talking about. I followed her through the store hollering for security (I know I looked like a crazy woman but I was NOT going to let her get away). Finally 3 workers came to see what the commotion was but said they couldn't do anything since she did not have my daughter's purse in her possession and she was still denying it.

     Later as we were leaving, one of the cashiers asked if we got the purse back. I explained more about what happened then she told me what transpired after I walked away.  It is suspected she did get away with stealing someone else's wallet (which I saw in her hand but she insisted was hers to security). All of "her" cards were declined, the "pins" were incorrect, and her ID did not match up when she tried to write a check....then after she left, another lady came to the front saying her wallet was missing.

So frustrating!  She was right there, they had her, but could not hold her because of the laws. 
     I'm very thankful I was there, watchful, and was able to quickly retrieve the purse before she got away.  I know it was God....I had stopped to look at some things while she went to the candy aisle (she's old enough...an adult now) but felt to quickly go to where she was.  I know now it was God guiding me to be there at that moment.   She learned a valuable lesson - hold on tightly to your purse!  

     I am posting this to pass a warning on to all you ladies, also, so hopefully you will not go through what we went through tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment