Monday, April 15, 2013

Reflecting On The Past Several Months

It has been quite a while since I last blogged.  A LOT has transpired since then.

A week before Thanksgiving, I received word on a Friday night that the test results for my oldest daughter came back positive for Lupus. My heart sank! I became desperate and serious with God.  Our family had already been through so much.  We couldn't take more heartache so I spent the weekend fasting and praying.   Many rallied to our support joining with more fasting and prayers.  By Monday, God turned the whole situation around!  The second test they ran came back negative!!!  She did NOT have Lupus!  God heard our prayers and performed a miracle in her body!  We had so much to be thankful for on Thanksgiving Day!

A few days after Thanksgiving, my heart was grieving again.  The precious lady I was a caregiver for passed from this life to her eternal home.  She is missed but we take comfort in knowing she is resting in Jesus and one day, we shall see her again.

Christmas morning we awoke to a storm.  The kids opened their presents and I began to prepare Christmas dinner.  The food had just finished cooking (except the pie) before the power went off.  I was not aware that just a few miles from us, a tornado was leaving a trail of destruction.  We drove around after the storm passed looking for someplace with electricity and were shocked by what we saw.  Trees were down, utility poles twisted and snapped,  semi-trailers laying on their side,  a house with its roof caved in because a tree had fallen on it...yet despite all that, no one was injured.  God was protecting everyone on Christmas Day. 

New Year's Day we awoke to water pouring through our ceiling.  Apparently, the Christmas Day tornado had pulled some of the roofing back allowing the water access on the next hard rain.  I must confess that I did panic.  Through it all, God again showed He was watching over us and sent help to fix the leak.  Thankfully the repairs were not as extensive as I originally feared.

Easter Sunday, our area was hit by yet another tornado right after Easter service.  I knew the weather was bad but had no idea we were driving near a tornado.  The rains were torrential, we saw road signs twisted and laying over backwards, roads were flooding, and power lines were down again.  I stopped within inches of running over a downed power line.  I'm not sure it would have harmed us since the electricity was out but I did not want to take any chances nor did I want to run over the broken glass from the downed light pole. 

Reflecting on the past few months, I can see how God has had His hand on us time and again. So thankful!

Looking on the bright side of things....
My oldest daughter is engaged so we have been busy preparing for her wedding.  My heart breaks that her dad will not be there to walk her down the aisle, but we refuse to let the pain of loss overshadow the joy of gain.  She is gaining a soul-mate to share the rest of her life with. And God just keeps blessing and supplying every need for her special day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment